You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Installation / Configuration
Hardware vs Options
Some simple guides
To make it easier for people to use if you have figured out how to do something create a 'How-To' document to outline a common MisterHouse (MH) project and the steps needed to get things working.
Get to know Misterhouse
By Gordon Meyer, author of Smart Home Hacks (published with permission)
Some examples of using 1-wire sensors with MisterHouse
- Fetching and Configuring the Misterhouse Android App
- setting up MisterHouse to announce breaking news from CNN
Cameras and Security
- Integration of Home Security and Cameras
- How to get the base software installed and running
Considerations for X10 (and other protocols) for reliable signaling
- Control of lighting and appliances
- using sendkeys to control programs from MisterHouse
- ways to communicate to EIB
- Squeezing MisterHouse into embedded platforms
- create and use MisterHouse's Floor Plan software
iPad App iMisterhouse
- Visualisation for the Apple Tablet
iCal (Calendar sync)
] how to sync icals into your setup
IMAP and Gmail integration
to integrate IMAP and Gmail into your setup
- Controlling MisterHouse through instant messengers
- using Insteon with MisterHouse
Insteon Devices - Quirks and Hints
- helpful info for advanced device operation
Insteon Linking and Scenes
- leveraging the full power of Insteon lighting control
- Step by step instructions for getting Insteon working on Debian linux
- How to retrieve a web page and how to see if you are connected
- sound under linux
Lighting, Occupancy, Motion, Presence (LOMP) Objects
- "Smart" objects
- Some simple examples showing how to use the modes page
Misterhouse (proxy) on OPENWRT
How I installed misterhouse on my Asus router.
- motion detection
- instructions for setting up a MHT (MisterHouse table) file
- using an Ocelot for IR with a Windows box
Philips Pronto Remote
- Using a Philips Pronto Remote (with ProntoScipt support) to Control MisterHouse
- a bit of an explanation of mh.private.ini & Config Params
- controlling RC servos
- Secure external access to MisterHouse (For more security, cheap
RRD Weather Graphs
- how to setup and customize graphs of your weather data
Send SMS on events.
Some code I use to send SMS messages on events.
- setting up to use remote networked RS232 devices
- how to make light on 30 sec off 30 sec etc
- Integration with Telephone ( land based and cellular )
serial port assignment under Linux.
- capture frames with video card using sendkeys.
- various information about using the web interface.
xAP and xPL - Getting Started
xAP and xPL - Working with Displays
- similar to controlling speech
xPL - Integrating Common Devices and Applications
how to interface MisterHouse with xAP software and devices
Setting up for Xmms
what you need to get the mp3-xmms module up and running.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"